Friday, June 13, 2014

Our Messy Life





Hope this post isn't TOO real! haha I can't help it. That's what blogging is about though, right?! KIR (bobby bones shout out) 




Most days I am running around from place to place like a crazy person now. Whew!  Part time working and full time mommy is exhausting to balance! When baby is up every few hours at night I still have to get up early. I think that has been  one of the hardest things especially since Oliver has NEVER slept through the night. Before if we would have a bad night, then Ollie would sleep in some in the mornings and we could slowly get around. Now, we are usually up before him or waking him up depending on the day. We do a lot of baby swapping to make sure we both get to work and get everything done. We have been trying to plan a date for literally 3 months and have yet to find a free day….Maybe our anniversary? We both work that day. Ha. It will happen… eventually :)  When you have to leave your baby for work its really hard to justify leaving him to go do something “fun”! When we all have a chance to be together, we want to take it, not just leave Ollie again!  I am sure all working parents understand what I am saying right now! Any free time is spent pouring into your child to make sure they don't get pushed to the side by life. If you even go get your hair cut the mommy guilty is overwhelming because you already left them for hours to work....you shouldn't leave them again to do something that isn't a requirement. Right?! ha. It's silly, we know! Parental guilt is one of the strongest emotions out there though!! We were just saying the other night how we need to do something as a family that isn't cleaning the house or rocking a baby to sleep! It is so easy to just get into survival mode! We are searching for balance.... like always! 

We have such an awesome support system here though that really makes things flow! Without our family I have no idea how we could both work! 

 We are slowing getting into a good routine (ish) and we are all getting used to this new stage of life. It is still heartbreaking to sneak into your baby’s room at 6am and wake them up from the most peaceful sleep you have ever seen.  Luckily we don’t have to do that too often! Ollie is a trooper though and always has a smile on his face even bright early. 




We have two teeth! The first one came through the day he turned 9 months. He also had a 105 fever. Poor babe was miserable. He didn’t want to move, he just laid on us for two days. His other tooth came through yesterday. It didn’t really seem to bother him much. He was a little fussy yesterday evening and hasn’t been sleeping as well this week so hopefully now that his second tooth is through maybe he will sleep??? –PLEASE BABY—



Ollie shakes his head NO to EVERYTHING. Do you want to go to bed? –NO. Want to eat? –NO. Want to play? –NO. Oh man, this is cute now… wont be for long! Haha!

He wave’s hi and bye to everyone/things/animals. We went to the zoo and he waved at every exhibit. Melt. My. Heart. He also said Hi to the gorillas. He liked them. Lol



Ollie pulls up on everything now. One day he just crawled over to the couch while I was working and pulled up like he had been doing it his whole life. Since then, nothing is safe. He is in the fridge, pulling up on the coffee table, in his pack in play. He is all over the place. He gets so proud every time he stands and just has a huge grin on his face. He never wants to sit any more though. He just wants to stand. He is way too brave and letting go of things trying to take steps unsupported. I think I might have a mini heart attack at this stage of life. Way to many falls!



He knows things he isn’t supposed to get into (ie: dog food, dog water) If they are on the ground he takes off towards them and squeals the whole time trying to beat you to them! Then throws a nice little fit when they are taken away as well.

He is such an extrovert. He loves being the center of attention and putting on a show. He loves making people laugh….He’s such a ham.

We have started thinking about planning his first birthday since its only a little over two months away. * Cue crying *  We are thinking of having just a little family pool party since Ollie loves the water!

Oliver is seriously the best baby ever. He is so fun, so happy and just is a blast to be around. It is impossible not to smile when you are around him! (ok, I might be a little bias) :) 



The days ARE long, and the years ARE short. Such a perfect saying for parenthood. Some days I’m covered in avocado, haven’t slept, or showered and I am trying to appear put together in some aspect and its pretty much impossible. I was literally on the side of the road yesterday on a busy highway because our vehicle ran out of gas on my way to pick Ollie up,  and after having no sleep....I just sat there and cried. Pathetic, I know! It's not the end of the world, but in the moment it felt like it.  A super nice KHP officer came in helped me. At one point he just looked at me and was like "are you sure your ok?". ha. Forgive my pigeon crying sir, I just feel like I am always running low on gas and this is a metaphor of my life right now. (I call it pigeon crying bc of my sweet sister now. It's crying for the mere reason you are exhausted and everything makes you cry.) :) 

 My house is a mess, the high chair still needs wiped down, the dogs need fed and the floors need swept. Dinner consist of trying to throw something healthy together quickly when half the time it seems Ollie would be perfectly content just picking up random things off the floor and eating them… The grass is too long, the cars are too old, the nights are too short, and the to do lists never get done.  I have cloth diapers hanging every where trying to dry, I have dishes that are piling up, and a ton of phone calls to make. Yet, when I get Ollie ready for his nap, turn his sound machine on, and put him on my shoulder my heart is so full. I hold him as he gets sleepy and there is no place I would rather be but sitting in the middle of my messy life, holding my baby. I am proud of my messy life, and love to share it with people. No, we aren’t put together, but people who have it all figured out are boring anyways. (at least that’s what I keep telling myself) I have no idea what I will be doing in 5 years and really don’t care to plan or think about it, because my crazy life is just that. Crazy. Unpredictable. I hope to teach Ollie that. How to just go with the flow, take life as it happens, and just make it work. I hope he can see that someday through our mess :)

We are in need for some FUN! It will happen this weekend. Farmers Market? Pool? Park? Target? All of the above? Hope so! We will strap our baby to our backs and have a little adventure this weekend bc we all need a little fun in our life! <3



Until next time readers, go enjoy the beautiful weather and stop cleaning up the house. The Gatz family gives you permission :) <3





No comments:

Post a Comment