Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Life Lately--Short Update



Baby O is almost 9 months old. So weird. Just now I had to even verify that this was true. It sounds way way too old for my baby. He's still my baby. So sweet. So little. How can he be 9 months old!? Wahhhhh! I don't like this whole growing up thing!


He's still this crazy amazing eater. Most nights he eats more then I do. He has yet to dislike a food. He wants to feed himself now, which is perfect! I am trying to follow baby led weaning as much as possible, so this is perfect! We really don't do any purees anymore. We will prob just finish the stash out in the freezer and then be done with those.

We still have no teeth!!!  None that seem close either. Fine with me! :)


We have successfully made it almost 9 months breastfeeding which I am super proud of, especially when I thought we would be unsuccessful the first few months. I am super grateful for this and will continue it as long as he wants.

I have started working which has been a huge adjustment! Leaving Ollie almost everyday has been really tough. I have a part-time job, but balancing parenthood and life is a struggle. It's great, just an adjustment!



Sleep has changed somewhat the last few weeks as well. :/. Ollie has always napped with me. As frustrating as it was at sometimes it become our time. It was precious. It was sweet. It was short lived. One day he just refused to settle down with me, so I said "Ollie, you are going to go ni night in your bed then" I laid him down and he was out. No crying. He slept for an hour. It was strange. Weird. and Strangely emotional. It was like overnight he was done needing me to sleep. It's a great transition. It is a positive one. Everyone said it would happen on its own, not to force it, and they were right. So now, I lay him down almost every nap time and he goes to sleep without me. I have some "nap-time" now. A break during the day is super weird. Most of the time I do not know what to do without a baby getting into everything! Most of the time he takes two 30 mins nap a day. Some times three!

Over the Zoo today. So hot. lol


Ollie is still super mobile. He has been since about 4 months. He crawls and is into everything. It is a blast. He has such a great sense of humor and we have so much fun playing and reading books. His favorite book right now is "Honk if you like purple" He just laughs and laughs when we read it.



I can't wait to take him swimming this summer, go to the zoo, and just enjoy each other. We are so blessed. I can get so discouraged and frustrated sometimes, but then I look at my baby and I am reminded how blessed we are.





Life is this crazy, unexpected turn of events. I never know what the next week holds and I am tired of planning. It is what it is, what happens happens. For now, I am doing my best to just breath in and enjoy this time. <3 

Love ya'll. Have a great week! 


No comments:

Post a Comment